For 70 years, the Wyoming State Liquor Association (WSLA) has protected your business from costly and crippling attacks on our industry while ensuring that our business climate in Wyoming is the best in the country.
In recent years, the WSLA has saved you from legislative proposals that would have:
- Increased the annual fee for a full retail liquor license by up to 600%.
- Added a $3 surcharge to every case of liquor or wine that you purchase.
- Increased alcohol taxes up to 1000%; twelve bills in the last decade alone.
- Attempted to increase minimum wage and tip credit minimum wage.
- Mandated a state-wide smoking ban for bars, taverns and clubs.
- Created large numbers of new liquor licenses or new types of licenses.
- Banned drive-up windows or impose restrictions on happy hours and drink promotions.
- Allowed random police roadblocks that target the social drinker.
- Increased legal liability against your business, dramatically increasing insurance costs.
- Made it easier for cities and counties to suspend or revoke liquor licenses.
But it’s not all about stopping issues that threaten your business… we’ve successfully supported:
- Reducing the required publications for liquor licenses, saving everyone money.
- Allowing retailers to receive compensation for the cost of preparing sales tax.
- Capping the amount the big banks can charge for debit card processing.
- Protecting businesses from predatory pricing by preventing long term below cost sales.
- Supporting a Wyoming Lottery, keeping Wyoming dollars in Wyoming.
- Free state-wide TIPS alcohol training with funding from the Wyoming Liquor Division.
- That’s money back in your pocket!
The WSLA informs our members on the vital issues that will affect their business through our newsletters, e-mails and bulletins. If you are not a member, will be out of that loop, so join today!
Joining the WSLA is one of the most important investments you can make for your business. Membership isn’t free… but considering the thousands of dollars your business saves due to the work of the WSLA, it’s more than worth it. Please fill out the enclosed invoice and become a part of our team.
Thank you in advance for your support!